Friday, January 22, 2016

Poetry Friday


Poetry Friday is hosted today by A Teaching Life.

My selection is "Brown Honey inBroomwheat Tea" by Joyce Carol Thomas with illustrations by Floyd Cooper.

 

Multiple award-winning author, poet, and playwright, Joyce Carol Thomas offers readers this lovely gem of a book. Twelve lyrical poems share a glimpse of the African American home and family distilled by Thomas' into thoughtful word pictures that are rich with emotional content.

"Cherish Me" is one of my favorites.

 Cooper's warm palette lends the illustrations a lush sense of time and place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm Wayne. I'm a single dad of 4 boys. Blogs like yours is very helpful. I want my boys to READ. I have a huge collection of books. (I should start bulging.) I just received a new book called "Cooking With Mr. C." by John Contratti. My boys loved it and the message was so well done. I just wanted to pass that along to you. Mascot Books is the publishing company. I see it's on Amazon and Barnes and Noble sites as well. Keep up the great work. I appreciate it.

Wayne

The Gingerbread Cowboy Book Trailer