Friday, October 9, 2015

Poetry Friday



Poetry Friday is hosted today by Writing the World for Kids.

For Poetry Friday: "I Didn't Do It" by Patricia MacLachlan and illustrated by Katy Schneider.



Puppies rule in MacLachlan's collection of fourteen free-verse poems that share a puppy state of mind. A poem titled Rules begins: "No lick! / No bite! / No jump. / No bark. / No fun".  Verses touch on an assortment of puppy-related topics: names, playing in the rain, capturing wriggling critters to present to owners, and that puppy favorite - sleep... I'm tired. / Being born / is / very / hard / work.

My favorite..."What Did I Do??". I'll let you explore the book and discover the answer.

Illustrator Schneider's assortment of puppies are captured in a variety of entertaining poses.  

No comments:

The Gingerbread Cowboy Book Trailer