Friday, February 15, 2013

Poetry Friday




Poetry Friday is hosted today by Teacher Dance.

For Poetry Friday -- "Twosomes : love poems from the animal kingdom" written by Marilyn Singer with illustrations by Lee Wildish.
 

In honor of Valentine's Day and just for giggles, I've selected Singer's  pun-filled collection of couplets celebrating the love between various animal pairs.  Designed as a gift book with a "To, From" page decorated with hearts, this is a little delight filled with kid-friendly verses celebrating the joy of friendship.  Familiar dogs and cats share pages with bats and porcupines in search of their own "Valentine."

HORSES: "Nose to nose, hip to hip,/ours is a stable relationship.

PORCUPINES: "Hugging you takes some practice./So I'll start out with a cactus.

Wildish provides a perfect reflection of the merry verses with cartoon style illustrations.

2 comments:

Linda B said...

I have this book, Janet. It's just darling & clever, a great Valentine's gift. Thanks!

Mary Lee said...

I love this book! (Now I'm wondering where my copy has gotten to...I haven't seen it in awhile...)

The Gingerbread Cowboy Book Trailer