Friday, September 20, 2013




Poetry Friday is hosted today by Tabatha Yeatts: The Opposite of Indifference.

For Poetry Friday -- "The Place My Words Are Looking For: what poets say about and through their work" selected by Paul B. Janeczko.
 
Janeczko has assembled an impressive collection of work by thirty-nine poets: Myra Cohn Livingston, Bobbi Katz, Cynthia Rylant, Gary Soto, John Updike and the anthologist, Paul B. Janeczko to name a few.
Complimenting the verse are comments from each poet on topics such as how they find inspiration, write, share their interests, and express their points of view in their poetry.   
Readers will learn about Patrick Lewis' fascination with animal Points of view as expressed in "Mosquito. " As a writer I was drawn to Naomi Shihab Nye's thoughtful remarks about how the paper will always listen and sometimes speak back when no one else will and how the boundary between "real" and "imagined" can be blurred.  Russell Hoban's very real depiction of "Esme on Her Brother's Bicycle is inspired.  I'll let you discover Jack Prelutsky's inspiration for "The Underwater Wibbles. "

2 comments:

Violet N. said...

This looks like an interesting book, Janet! Thanks for drawing attention to it!

BJ Lee said...

Thanks for introducing me to Paul Janeczko's latest. I've loved his other anthologies. I'm sure I'll love this one too. I so like the idea of it!

The Gingerbread Cowboy Book Trailer