Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Check out PBS Parents new Show and Tale on Tuesdays at Booklights.

The question of the day is: What's your favorite picture book and why?
Of course, I couldn't pick just one.

Here is my response: One of the favorite read-alouds in my library is Mouse Mess by Linnea Riley. It is one of the first books I read to the first-graders during their visits. They love the colorful pictures of the mouse doing everyday activities using kitchen utensils - raking up cornflake leaves with a fork, bathing in a teacup. The rhyming text is an added delight. Most of all, the children love being able to predict the ending by using the rhyming words as their clues.

1 comment:

Kit said...

The Little Engine that Could would be my favorite.
Kit
http://kit-grady.blogspot.com

The Gingerbread Cowboy Book Trailer