Monday, July 19, 2010

Non-Fiction Monday Round Up is hosted today @ In Need of Chocolate.

Believe it or not, one of the busiest sections of my library collection is the one with the cookbooks. I'm always looking for new additions as I never seem to have enough. Here is a new favorite among my youthful cooks: The Spatulatta Cookbook: recipes for kids, by kids from the James Beard award-winning Spatulatta Website by Isabella and Olivia Gerasole.

Isabella and Olivia won the James Beard award for their cooking website: Spatulatta. I selected The Spatulatta Cookbook even though it has a spiral binding which I know won't have a long shelf life with so many eager hands turning the pages. That negative was balanced by the colorful photographs and sensible one-step-at-a-time directions. Young cooks will find recipes that are fun and healthful. The book discusses basic techniques, tools and measurements and includes a glossary as well.

Here is the answer to Friday's Famous First: "In Heaven there are 1,637 steps from my house to the Western Union." is from the Coretta Scott King Author Award Winner, Heaven by Angela Johnson.

No comments:

The Gingerbread Cowboy Book Trailer