Friday, September 6, 2019

Picture Book Friday


My Hair, the debut picture book by Hannah Lee with illustrations by Allen Fatimaharan, chronicles an entertaining quest for a girl’s perfect birthday hairdo.


My birthday's coming up so soon,  
I'll need new clothes to wear.
But most of all, I need to know,
How shall I style my hair?
This first-person rhyming narrative highlights a wealth of possibilities as the young girl reflects on the many styles utilized by her family and friends – dreadlocks, Bantu knots, high top fade, braids, cornrows, short and cropped. What would be the perfect choice?

The exuberant tone pairs perfectly with vibrant large-scale illustrations in this delightful celebration of a little girl who loves her HAIR!
Recommended as a fun addition for home and school libraries.

No comments:

The Gingerbread Cowboy Book Trailer