Monday, October 18, 2010

Nonfiction Monday


Nonfiction Monday is hosted today by MotherReader.

My selection is The Halloween Book of Facts and Fun, written by Wendie C. Old and illustrated by Paige Billin-Frye. This enjoyable and informative book includes Halloween history, traditions, party ideas and safety tips. There is a chapter on El Dia de los Muertos and another on the Irish folktale "The Tale of Jack-o-lantern." The bibliography lists related books and Internet sites. Riddles are sprinkled throughout the colorful illustrations.

1 comment:

Wendie O said...

This was such fun to write. And, I've used the party ideas, myself with my own kids.

Don't you just love that cat the illustrator put on the cover!

I can't take credit for the jokes, though. It was the editor's idea, so I asked all my friends to help me with them. One writer friend tried to teach me how to create jokes and even offered some of the jokes he had used in his own, now out-of-print joke book.

Thanks for reviewing it.
-Wendie Old

The Gingerbread Cowboy Book Trailer