Friday, August 6, 2010

Poetry Friday




School is fast approaching and I'll be back in my school library within the week. Consequently, my selection is a book of school related poetry titled" First Food Fight This Fall: and other school poetry written by Marilyn Singer and illustrated by Sachiko Yoshikawa. This collection of poems, written in student voices and employing a variety of forms, covers the school year and explores a wide range of activities, classes and experiences. The bright illustrations are equally varied and capture the mood of each poem.


Friday's Famous First: Can you identify the title and author of this first line? "That fool of a fairy Lucinda did not mean to lay a curse on me."

1 comment:

Author Amok said...

I have this book, Janet! It's very cute. Did you find it hard to keep the characters straight? Did it matter?

The Gingerbread Cowboy Book Trailer